Frederick Guest opened the Stanley Theatre in 1930 as a movie house. Famous Players bought it in 1941. They ran motion pictures there for 50 years before closing it due to declining revenues. After that, the theatre sat empty for several years. The Stanley Theatre Society purchased it on behalf of the Arts Club Theatre Company in 1997. They then renovated and converted it into a venue for live shows. Three mischievous ghosts haunt this grand old theatre.
For details, please see Ghosts of Vancouver: 43 Haunted Places.