More Haunted Locations to Explore
Vancouver is a relatively young and small metropolis. So when I started the Ghosts of Vancouver website in 2007, I thought I’d be lucky to find a dozen haunted locations in and around the city. Today, however, 28 locations are featured on the site and 36 locations are discussed in the book. And there are many more to explore!
The following locations are currently on my “to be further researched” list:
- Alibi Room (Gastown)
- Burnaby Hospital
- Central Park (Burnaby)
- Firehall Theatre (Downtown Eastside)
- Irving House (New Westminster)
- James Cowan Theatre (Burnaby)
- London Drugs Store (Granville Street, Downtown)
- Penthouse Night Club (Downtown)
- Port Moody Station Museum
- Riverview Hospital (Coquitlam)
- Roedde House Museum (West End)
- St. Patrick Regional Secondary School (Mount Pleasant)
- Sylvia Hotel (West End)
- Taylor Manor (East Van)
- UBC Main Library (Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, Point Grey)
- Vancouver Public Library (Central Branch, Downtown)
- Vancouver Rowing Club (Stanley Park)
- Washington Avenue Grill (White Rock)
- Wigwam Inn (Indian Arm)
- Wreck Beach (Point Grey).
Have you had a genuine ghostly experience in any of these places or any other public location or place of historical interest – a restaurant, pub, hotel, theatre, night club, art gallery, museum, train station, library, office building, store, or old mansion? If you have, I’d love to hear about it.
Please post your story(s) here on the blog or contact me privately.
If you wish to be anonymous, I’ll keep your identity in strict confidence. And subject to your approval, your story may appear in the next edition of the Ghosts of Vancouver book. If it does I’ll send you a free copy!